Choosing to "Be" Instead of Doing.

I learned "again" today while reading a very interesting book called Redefining Your Reality that you should never do anything that you are not ready to do. And that resisting anything only causes more resistance and therefore makes want you want harder to attain.
I know that in some instances one might say that any obstacle is only a challenge to be overcome...well, maybe.
I'm not talking about walking through life passively just letting things "happen" to you. Nor am I talking about sitting on a pillow meditating your life away.
But if there are times when you feel you need to do something yet every time you think about it you become anxious inside, fearful or frustrated or keep putting it off for whatever reason. This is the time when doing should be replaced with being.
For some reason you subconscious may not be ready for this particular change and it is resisting.

What I learned today---------
When these feelings come up focus on what you really want then concentrate your desire to what you are trying to do.

Ask yourself these questions:

  • Why do I want to do this?
  • What good things will happen once I get it done?
  • How will I feel once I am finished?
  • How will other people benefit from this?
Then, focus and then wait!

After finding the answers to these questions you will be ready to proceed or you may find that you really aren't meant to do whatever it is you are resisting in the first place.

Point being... never rush you into anything before it's your right time. Choose to "be" instead of "do".

Comments

Anonymous said…
I understand what you say; 'readiness' as being a state of mind vs. an active goal. I too think it is always good to question your motives for doing anything. Our existence here is far too brief to waste with unsatisfactory futility.

While I agree about the importance of being mentally ready, I fear that many would mis-interpret (confuse) what you called resistance with the obstacles that many face on any worthwhile venture.

One's life, (or one's destiny) must be exercised or stretched like any physical muscle. Like the body, your mind and spirit will respond by overcoming the experience or they will fail you, but become stronger from the experience.

True readiness and thus true freedom is realized when you realize that you were ALWAYS ready...
Anonymous said…
Thank you for your comment anonymous. I love your analogy of your destiny being like a muscle that needs to be exercised. I have never thought of it that way.
Very well said and I understand.
I would never suggest one give up any worthwhile endeavour simple because you hit an obstacle.

The whole idea(as I understand it) of deciding to be instead of do is that in being you are "actively" seeking questions and hopefully finding that the answers to your questions are always inside. I also don't feel you will get those kinds of answers by thinking. It's not always in the mind that you should seek to recieve answers.
Cynthia Schmidt said…
I like your use of photography in your posts. They provide a visual to provoke thought while your written words cause the same thought provoking in a different part of the brain. Very well done!

Best, Cynthia
Inakika said…
I'm so glad I read this. It has helped me to come to peace with something that I have been struggling with for a while. The questions you posed really gave me my answer. Thank you, Pricegirlseven

Popular Posts