Learning To Let Go...



Let’s face it, it is never easy realizing that something you may have put your heart and soul into is over. It’s taxing enough when it’s a job you just can’t stomach any longer but when it’s a long held dream or relationship you‘ve invested your time, heart, soul and sometimes even your money into it can be more than a little uncomfortable.

Yet at some point in most of our lives we will inevitably be faced with the decision to either stick it out or stab that metaphorical fork in it and call it done. The thing is, knowing when is it time to let go.
What I have learned?
Well, I’ve learned that it’s never wrong to make a decision.

Learning to let go is not always easy but letting go can be a very empowering. Sometimes we hold on to things for far too long and for all the wrong reasons and eventually it hurt us. I realize now some of my own reasons for holding on to outdated ways of thinking, jobs, relationships, etc… was because I was just too stubborn, didn’t want to admit things were not what they actually were or I was too concerned with what someone else would think of me for fear of appearing indecisive or weak. I didn’t want to appear to be a quitter. I didn’t want to be wrong.

The decision to leave a job, misjudging someone’s character whom you’ve trusted, or for mistaking true lust for true love is never about being wrong. We all make decisions. Choices. Everyday. And we have to live with the consequences of the decisions we make. It’s called learning. The true measure of character is how we deal with those consequences.
Peace.

Comments

feathermaye said…
I've had to let go of so many things in my life. Some were as easy as taking out the trash; others not so much.

I've knowingly made bad decisions at certain points throughout my life, simply because I NEEDED to be the one in charge. But then when I managed to make it work, I wondered if it was the wrong choice after all.

Beautiful words here. Thank you so much for sneaking onto my page.

p.s. You are soooo going on my Blog Love list!! <3
We have a choice: to plow new ground or let the weeds grow. -- Jonathan Westover

The good thing about making bad decisions is that every sunrise brings the opportunity for a Mulligan. -- Me

Popular Posts