It's Up To Me...



Wow! It's been a while since I've posted anything...been working on a project that required my full attention. It has been challenging but it is a labor of love and will someday share it with the world.
But right now I would like to leave you with something I stumbled upon the other day while reading a very fascinating book, which I'll go into in another post. The book is by Bob Proctor entitled: You Were Born Rich. He included, among other very thought provoking words of wisdom, this poem. I love it's simplicity and also it's wisdom.
Peace.



IT'S UP TO ME

I get discouraged now and then
When there are clouds of gray
Until I think about the things
That happened yesterday

I do not mean the day before
Or those of months ago
But all the yesterdays in which
I had the chance to grow

I think of opportunities
That I allowed to die
And those I took advantage of
Before they passed me by.

And I remember that the past
Presented quite a plight
But somehow I endured it and
The future seemed all right.

And I remind myself that I
am capable and free
And my success and happiness
ARE REALLY UP TO ME.

(James J. Metcalfe)

Comments

Very glad you are bck, you were missed. I enjoyed that poem and it is so real..

Popular Posts