A Time of Reflection


Spring is not the only time of renewal. And right now it is just as important to do a seasonal clearing out of your mind body and spirit as it is of your living spaces...in fact even more so. There is definitely a correlation between both. As I believe...your living space is an outward expression of your inner self.

This time of year has always been a time of quiet introspection for me. Not only does it signify the end of the sultry warmth of Summer months and herald in the crispness of Autumn and Winter it is the coming of my birth into this realm...December...my birth month...the end of the year and a look at what lay ahead.
I am always a little more quiet in these final days of the year and at times tend to be a bit melancholy as I naturally am drawn back to events of my young adulthood...to scenes of my son and daughter as children gleefully ripping colorful wrappings from the myriad of packages awaiting them under the biggest tree my husband could find in the lot. Festive dinners with my siblings...the jokes the laughter and merriment. And farther still to childhood memories of joy filled holidays spent with my family. We didn't have much but they are probably some of my richest memories.

But the older(wiser)I got the more I realized that I could never go back to what was. I can only visit those events in my mind and in my heart but I don't live there anymore. Good memories, just like the bad ones are meant to be left behind. We are not present to receive what this moment has to offer us if we are held captive in the past.

And so my challenge is to go back over this waning year, mindful not to linger too long and reflect on the lessons I have been taught. And just as I do when clearing out my living space I decide...What is it that I would like to carry along into this coming year...what is best left behind? Those things that bring me joy, that comfort me in a positive way I will bring along...those things that do not enrich my life in a healthy positive way are best let go of so that I have room to receive whatever the Universe has to offer me...right now.

And so these days I choose to move ahead. I am thankful for what was...I can smile at the brief memory of it but I embrace this moment and I am grateful for whatever is to come.

All Is Well.

Comments

Popular Posts