Moving...Grrrrr!

Happy November! It's been about two months since I've made a new posting. I know, I know... I have been a little lazy and and slightly neglectful but to my defense it's also because I've been in the process of a major move or I should say... I am in the process of a major redesign! Thus my inspiration for this post. Yes, this a redesign because at the end of it I will be transformed and I'm definitely hoping for the better! And that is what this blog is all about...What I have learned and what I am learning about the art of interior redesign as it applies to all areas of ones life.

Of course moving to a new home, city or country can be stressful, aggravating and very frustrating to say the very least. Just to drive this point home to you...right now... as I type... there are three men in my apartment(movers)All but one speaking a language that I barely understand...one of which is driving me up the wall with the (what amounts to nails being scraped across a blackboard) sound of a screeching tape gun! *SIGH*

But it can also be a very exciting time, and if you choose to remain calm and aware through it all it can be a very positive learning experience. Moving requires that we change not only our physical location but sometimes it may also force us to change internally as well.

There will no doubt be set backs, delays and tape guns at every turn. But we can either choose to see these roadblocks as an invitation to impatience, anger, even fear and self doubt or we can choose to see them as a means to practice self awareness and patience. We can use this time as a way to put into practice all the lessons we have learned about self up to this point and face the fear of what lies ahead on the other side of the move. We can in fact experience positive growth through the experience so that at the end of the move we have become even more self aware, enlightened and empowered. We then can more easily adjust to our new situation and flow into it as a higher form of ourselves. We are using what we have learned to our advantage moving us even further along in our journey instead of letting it stall us or take us away from where we need to be.

Moving into a new home can also be the perfect time to let go of unwanted baggage.

*Are there still things that are hanging around that no longer serve me? Yes.

*Are there some things I've been holding onto that don't speak my truth right now or who I am striving to be? Yes.

This is the perfect time to cut whatever invisible emotional ropes that bind me to those things. And that in fact is what they truly are... just 'things.'

Now I can give those objects away to someone who may need them more than me... that's always a good thing to do. But what if some of the things you are holding onto have negative energy attached to them...Hmmm?

Things that are attached to painful events of the past reminding you of hurtful times or holding you to memories that do not serve a positive outcome for your future are not helping you to move forward or helping to redesign the life that is best suited to where you are intending to be. Do you want to carry this bad energy into your next cycle? No! Instead of giving these things away and unintentionally passing along any negative residue that is attached to them it may be even more therapeutic and beneficial to all to perform a cleansing ceremony... it may be just what is needed to help lighten your load.

If the objects are small and non toxic they can be thrown into a lighted fireplace or some other contained fire and burned while you speak your positive affirmations and intentions out into the universe. Just make sure your pile of negativity isn't so big that you risk burning down the place!

Next month in December the year will come to a close and so will my forty ninth year on this earth. There is much going on for me in the coming weeks... Packing up our belongings, moving from one island to another, finding a place to live, getting settled not to mention finding a means of make a living there. But as I move forward to the start of my fiftieth year I am excited about the changes that I have made thus far. I rarely see the lessons I enter into as burdens anymore for I know they are for my eventual growth. My baggage is becoming much lighter... and so am I.

And so I look forward to this move, with all it's frustrations, setbacks and headaches and through it all I know that the never ending change in my life is the ultimate redesign. It is an art and it just keeps getting better and better. See you on the flip side!



Live... Life... Love <3

Comments

Popular Posts