Moving into smaller spaces...


It's always a challenge moving but it's even more challenging when your downsizing into a smaller space. Trust me... I know!

Last month was the big move for my husband and I. We made it over the biggest hurdle moving across water from Puerto Rico and back to St. Thomas. The space we moved into is well... pretty close in size to that from where we moved from. But this is only a temporary stop while we wait to finalize the sale on the condo just upstairs from us... A condo that's half the size of this one!

I must admit... daunting as it is I'm looking forward to the challenge. For me it's very cathartic letting loose of things that I no longer need... or probably didn't need in the first place but this wasn't always the case. And for a lot of people it can be a very trying and emotional experience because we can become attached to the memories that surround certain objects. But in the end for me it's always a good feeling cutting the ties on yet one more thing that has been just really been weighing me down.

But moving into a space half the size that we had been living in for a couple of years now is another story... A new challenge. But I look forward to stretching my creative abilities and putting my redesign skills to the test! Wish me luck... I'll keep you posted. But in the meantime, check out some of these tips that I came across in Natural Homes' online magazine in the link below. I'm sure I'll be using a tip or two.
Live... Life... Love...



http://www.naturalhomemagazine.com/design-principles/live-large-less-space-tips-small-space-living.aspx?utm_content=NH+eNews+12.30.10&utm_campaign=NH_ENEWS&utm_source=iPost&utm_medium=email

Comments

Popular Posts